This online self-assessment will ask a series of questions about things like your access to a computer, how much time you can dedicate to coursework and includes a short essay question. Those who meet the minimum requirements of the self-assessment will be contacted by their public library within 5 business days to discuss the prerequisite course.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements will be contacted and directed toward other programs available to support their educational and career goals.
- Explore the online learning environment to determine if you are comfortable with this instructor-supported, self-paced approach to learning. The prerequisite course must be completed with a 70% or higher and within two weeks or sooner.
- Find out whether the Career Online High School program best meets your educational needs, or if other options for high school completion are more appropriate.
- Determine if the career field is interesting/appealing.
- Demonstrate to the library staff your commitment to furthering your education through completion of the full Career Online High School program.
Those who successfully complete the prerequisite course with a score of 70% or higher within two weeks or less, will be eligible for a scholarship award to enroll in the program. Prospective students will be contacted by the library within 5 business days to discuss their application into the program and to schedule an interview at the library.
Each participating library may have its own process for awarding scholarships. Your library’s process will be explained to you before and during the interview. Please consult your library for more details.
Please note: Upon scholarship award, you may request transcripts from any accredited high school you’ve attended so the Career Online High School to determine whether you will receive credit for any previously completed coursework. Click here for a transcript request form.
Completing Coursework and Graduating from Career Online High School
Once awarded a scholarship, Career Online High School will pair you with an academic coach, who will welcome you and help you prepare to succeed in the program.
- Virtual Welcome Kit shows you step-by-step how the program works.
- Welcome phone call kicks off a virtual tour of the online campus, which serves as a first-day-of-school orientation.
Log-in to your online classroom via the Online Instruction Center. The learning management system includes:
- Anytime access to courses
- Instant feedback on lessons and exams
- Tools to keep track of progress such as Gradebook and Pace Guide
- Online learning resources including eLibrary, calendar, and academic support services
- Pace Guide helps you stay on track and move through the program by completing one course credit every two weeks
A full support team is dedicated to helping you:
- Academic coach is there to support you via phone, email, and other social networking tools
- Qualified, certified instructors provide academic support
- Support staff helps you plan for their next career steps
- Technical support is available by phone or email
Career readiness is the key to your success:
- Career-focused, skills-based elective courses
- Biweekly online seminars focused on 21st century skills
- Monthly career webinars to prepare you for workplace realities and job markets
- Career portfolio lessons that teach business writing and help you create resumes and cover letters
Complete the program fully prepared to be successful in your career and in life. You graduate with:
- High school diploma
- Career certificate
- Career portfolio
- Applicable job prep training and skills